Amazon Carbon Trading Conoco CORDAVI DuPont Ecuador Enron Environmental Defense Fund EPA ethnocide Hansen Huaorani hydrofracking Methane gas drilling NAFTA New Coal Plants NRDC Privatisation Tar Sands United States Climate Action Partnership USCAP Yasuni
NRDC – Undermining sound environmental campaigns through deal-making and betrayals
Here below are a few examples of this corporate-friendly “environmental” group’s greatest betrayals of sound, uncompromised environmental positions. At the end of this post, we offer some background on NRDC’s role in shaping current US climate policy and conclusions about US Climate Policy moving forward in an equitable, sound manner.
Our actions on Nov 30 sent a warning shot across the bows of corporate ‘greens’ who distort climate science on behalf of major polluters and are obstructing and undermining grassroots campaigns for a prompt transition to a just, low carbon economy.
The MCJ proposes a range of solutions (including leaving hydrocarbons in the ground and more).
Table of Contents
1. NRDC played a key role in the formation and promotion of the United States Climate Action Partnership (2007- present):
2. NRDC is promoting methane gas drilling despite absence of scientific studies (2007)
3. NRDC supports New Coal Plants
4. The North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA) and the N.R.D.C.
5. Oil Giant Conoco and NRDC vs. the Ecuadorean Amazon and Huaorani – forest-dependent peoples (1991)
6. NRDC and Enron: Role in Utility Deregulation
7. A Kinder Gentler Alberta Tar Sands
8. Utility Shill NRDC attacks Prop. 7
Background on NRDC and Current Climate Policy
NRDC’s Greatest (Environmental) Hits